The metro look is one of the hottest around and it's not hard to emulate. If you want to be a metro man, you'll be well on your way if you follow these steps:
1. Grooming – Before you get to the clothes, you've got to start with grooming. Metro men have adjustable hair cuts and they wax or shave any unnecessary hair. Painful, yes, but the overall effect makes it worth it.
2. Textures -The texture of the clothing you wear is very important. You want to go with the most opulent fabrics you can find. Look for cashmere sweaters and tee shirts, or high quality cotton. Your shirts should be soft and well tailored.
3. Cut – Metro men are tailor and always look sharp. Look for classic suits that present a professional and polished impression. For regular clothes, look for tight tees and expensive designer jeans.
4. Style – Metro men wear the latest fashions. Subscribe to a few men's fashion magazines so you can stay on top of all the latest trends.
5. Cologne – No metro man is complete without a dash of expensive cologne. Try to find a scent that fits your particular personality. If you're going for sensual, an oriental or musky scent is right for you. More of an outdoorsy type? Look for cologne with a fresh and clean scent.
6. Accessories – You'll need lots of accessories to get started. First, a very nice expensive watch. Silver or gold are a good place to start, but a leather band always look nice too. Next, you'll need a fine chain for your neck in the color that suits your complexion the best. A tasteful ring is not out of the question either, or a few bracelets to complete the look.
7. Shoes – Never overlook this important part of your outfit. Shoes can be classic or trendy, but they have to look good. Keep them polished and clean at all times. No metro man would be sentenced dead in a pair of scuffed and ratty shoes.
8. Go Digital – Metro men typically have a variety of digital accessories, including a cell phone, Blackberry, Laptop and an iPod.
9. Leather Goods – You'll need a nice leather bag to keep all your stuff together. Look for a high quality bag that will withstand the rigors of every day use. Make sure it has a padded portion for your laptop and other essentials.
10. Maintenance – Once you've got your look folded together, you need to keep it up. Invest in some male facial cleansers, toners and moisturizers. Do not be afraid to get a manicure to keep your hands looking neat and clean.
Put all of these hints together and you can see just how easy it is to go "metro".
There is nothing wrong with a well-groomed, well-dressed man. Just remember to keep everything up and stay on top of all the latest fashion trends to make sure you do not …