Are you often confused about the perfect attire for a certain occasion? Do you often show up at an event dressed completely improperly? It might be a party, wedding, funeral or a job interview; wearing appropriate clothing is extremely important. You might create a bad impression on the people around you if you make such a mistake and it will also be quite embarrassing for you.
Value of suitable outfit
You should always know how to dress appropriately for every kind of occasion or event. You would not want to embarrass yourself by showing up at a job interview in ratty jeans or to a wedding in shorts, instead you can choose to wear something more formal to the interview and your best salwar suit to the wedding. On the other hand it would be totally inappropriate to wear a formal gown to a football game.
Dress according to occasion
The dress codes for most events are quite obvious. You obviously know the difference in clothing that you have to wear in working environments or interviews and casual pizza outings or a cricket or football game. If not you can also know what kind of attire is expected to be worn by watching other people there. If you are still confused some of the following tips might help you out.
- Casual Attire– This can range from anything related to t-shirts and shorts to button-up blouses and khakis. Many factors like the weather, indoor or outdoor function, etc. should be considered when choosing the outfit.
- Casual Friday– There is a big difference in the attire you chose to wear to an office on casual Friday and a Friday night football game. Remember this before you show up in the office wearing something completely inappropriate.
- Resort Casual– When you plan to go to a resort, you can choose to wear anything from a pretty skirt, nice shorts or comfortable pair of slacks paired with a beautiful to or shirt and matching sandals.
- Semi-Formal– Most of the semi-formal attires are for dances, cocktail parties and some other special events. Women can choose to wear dresses made out of satin or sparkly fabric, while men can wear a suit.
- Formal Wear– These outfits are for the most formal events. Long gowns are suitable for women to wear in any formal event. Men have the option of wearing a proper tuxedo or a dark suit.
This is another event all together. There is a large range of clothing that can be worn to a wedding. If there isn’t already a dress code mentioned in the invitation, the location and timing of the wedding can guide you. When attending an Indian wedding saris are the most commonly worn and appropriate attire, but you can also opt for your best salwar suit for the function. Otherwise you can even wear beautiful designer gowns or pretty dresses. Men can wear something ethnic or choose to suit up. The location of the wedding …